Where Does Pipe Fabrication Take Place?
We offer customers flexibility with our pipe fabrication in Marcola. Depending on the size, scope, and requirements of the project, our team can provide pipe fabrication services on site or in our shop. Some of the factors we consider in determining the site for fabrication include:
- the weather
- availability of support personnel on site
- piping materials required for the project as well as their dimensions
- scheduling and collaboration amongst trades involved in the project
- availability of welding facilities and other resources
- environmental and quality control requirements
- existence of piping systems on site
What are the Types of Piping Fabrication?
We offer two types of custom pipe and fabrication services in Marcola:
- field pipe fabrication
- shop pipe fabrication
There are several factors considered in determining whether piping will be fabricated on site or at our shop. However, in general, items such as threaded and socket welded pipes as well as small-bore pipes are often fabricated on site. However, activities such as pipe bending and the fabrication of butt-welded pipes and modular items are done at our shop.
We use high quality weld to spool assemblies for items that are fabricated at the shop. These items are carefully labeled and transported to the site where they can be installed.
What’s involved in The Pipe Fabrication Process?
Our custom pipe fabrication process in Marcola varies depending on the item being fabricated. We manufacture and assemble pipes and fittings to meet the specifications and spool drawings provided. The fabrication process includes:
- Marking and Tagging – materials are marked and verified. They are then tagged or stamped
- Cutting – Pipes are cut in accordance with design specifications
- Preparation – this involved beveling and fitting
- Welding and fitting – Pipes are positioned and welded
- Detail marking – pipes and components are inspected and marked
- Heat treatment – pipes and components undergo preheating
Tools and Equipment Used for Pipe Fabrication
We use a wide variety of specialized equipment to ensure efficiency, accuracy and safety in our custom pipe and fabrication services of Marcola. Our equipment includes:
- Pipe purging equipment
- Pipe fit up tools
- Pipe jacks
- Flange alignment tools and pins
- Chain clamps
- C clamps
- Adjustable pipe rollers
- Compass marker
- Contour marker
- Center punch
- Pipe rigging and transport equipment
- Fork lift
- Pipe threader
- Pipe bending machines
- Wraparound tapes
- Hydraulic crane
- Tower crane and many more
Contact S2 Industrial for Your Next Industrial Construction Project
If you’re in need of an expert pipe fabricating & supply co in Marcola, contact S2 Industrial. Our expert team will work with you to determine the best piping solutions for your project and provide you with the best results.